ARE YOU READY FOR THE 2020 PROGRAM?
ABOUT THE 2020 Program
The goal of RYLA Oceania is to develop a network of the brightest global citizens and leaders who are engaged, educated and pushed to achieve measurable results both individually and as a group within their communities.
The program kicks off with a week-long immersive retreat to be held at Naamaroo Conference Centre in the Greater Sydney Region, NSW. You will arrive onsite on Sunday 26 January 2020. Here you will be given exclusive access to speakers, sessions, facilitators, activities and challenges. Challenges that will take what you’ve learned at RYLA district programs and amplify it, building the foundations for the remainder of the 12-month online program. The program will conclude with a Graduation & Awards Dinner in Sydney in December 2020.
What WILL YOU GET OUT OF THE PROGRAM?
Here’s what you will gain out of RYLA Oceania, but you can expect more:
- A week-long immersive leadership retreat with access to speakers, workshops, facilitators, activities and challenges;
- Exclusive access to an online leadership curriculum with tailored resources created to support your personal and professional development;
- A professional mentoring program designed to reinforce your personal development and provide you a system of accountability;
- An opportunity to work on and complete a sustainable community project – letting you put your skills into action, simultaneously making a tangible impact on the community;
- Access to a network of professionals, community leaders & volunteers, Rotarians, Rotaractors as well as RYLA Alumni.
Would I Suit RYLA Oceania?
RYLA Oceania is an advanced leadership program and with a maximum of 48 places available, we encourage you to consider the below when submitting your application to this exceptional opportunity.
To demonstrate initial commitment, we ask all applicants to submit a once off application fee of $25. Applications received without payment of the application fee will not be considered. The application fee is non-refundable and does not form part of the $1600 cost of the program. Your one-off $25 contribution to apply for RYLA Oceania helps in a number of ways. It is a tangible way to give back after an amazing RYLA experience with your District.
Applicants must be committed to the entirety of the program over the 12 months including the leadership curriculum, mentoring program and community project. There will be access to dedicated mentors, online resources and of course, the core program team throughout this time, so you will be fully supported along the way.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE PROGRAM?
The program cost is AUD $1,600 per participant (inc. GST, excluding travel). Successful applicants are responsible for sourcing the required funding. It is strongly encouraged that this funding is accessed through multiple channels, including a personal contribution, fundraising and local sponsorship requests within and outside of Rotary connections. It is also noted that all travel arrangements for the Retreat Week and Graduation & Awards Dinner are to be made at the expense of the participant, please consider this when applying for RYLA.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROGRAM?
Finally, a few questions to really drive you to the apply now button.
- Are you a RYLA Alumni?
- Do you currently reside in Australia, New Zealand or the South Pacific Islands?
- Are you aged between 25 – 35?
- Have you got clear direction, but keen for support in getting to the next level?
- Do you have a genuine interest in developing yourself, your professional life and the community that surrounds you?
- Are you committed to the full 12 months of the program, including being available for key events and activities within this period?
Our goal is that by the end of the program, you will stand tall and walk away with the inspiration, knowledge, skills and motivation to solve the world’s most pressing challenges, supported by the network of incredible like-minded leaders and extending to the entire Rotary network.
Applications are now closed for the 2020 program. Thank you to all those that applied!
If you are still interested in applying but have faced some difficulties in applying – please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will get in touch.
The RYLArians will be supported by a select group of around four Facilitators. Applications for facilitators are now closed! If you have any specific questions related to the application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships & Partnerships DIRECTOR
We are on the lookout for a Sponsorship & Partnerships Director! The RYLA Program will have the extensive involvement of Rotarians, Community Leaders and Corporate Partners to ensure the pilot program is a success and sets a sustainable foundation for future years.
If you’ve reviewed the brief above and would like to submit an expression of interest, please send an email to email@example.com and we will get in touch!